Dimespring Advertising Policies
Remark Media believes that the sale of display advertising space on the properties that it owns and operates is a legitimate source of revenue and accepts electronic advertising on its DimeSpring.com website.
The policies governing advertising on DimeSpring.com are as follows:
1. Remark Media has sole discretion for determining the types of online advertising that will be accepted and displayed on DimeSpring.com and under no circumstances will Remark Media’s acceptance of any advertisement be considered an endorsement of the products and/or services advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
2. Acceptable online advertising formats include banner advertisements and sponsored attribution on DimeSpring.com pages. Third party banners are clearly labeled as “Advertisement” and sponsored content is labeled as “Sponsored”.
3. DimeSpring editors do not allow advertisers or sponsors to influence in any
way the decisions made on editorial content, including licensed and user-generated content published on the website.
4. DimeSpring does not publish material to accompany advertising and does not sell advertising to particular content (i.e., a specific article) however, DimeSpring does publish content on general personal finance themes (a.k.a., Life Events), and advertising can be sold to the general themes and their respective content pages.
5. At present, advertisements cannot be targeted towards specific keywords or key-terms.
6. At present, advertisements are permitted to appear only once on any given page.
7. Should an advertisement for a product or service appear on the same page containing editorial content on the same product or service, it will be entirely coincidental since decisions governing the creation and display of editorial content are made independently of decisions governing the content and placement of advertisements.
8. It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to comply with all domestic and foreign laws and regulations applicable to its advertising on DimeSpring (and to include all legally required legends, disclosures and statements in such advertising). DimeSpring reserves the right to review all advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and may remove any advertising that is in breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation.
9. All advertisement on the website is at DimeSpring’s discretion. DimeSpring reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any advertising from the website for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation or removal of any advertising.
10. DimeSpring will permit on the website, all advertising that is “legal and decent.” Categories of advertisements that will not be permitted on the website include but are not limited to the following:
- Illegal or ‘objectionable’ products (DimeSpring reserves the right to determine what is ‘objectionable’)
- Fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading or offensive material
- Material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied) or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status deemed inappropriate for the DimeSpring website
- Weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks
- Pornography or related themes
- Tobacco use of any kind
- The simulation of news or an emergency
- Unreasonable, unlikely or extraordinary product or service claims
- Media messages or imagery that strobe or flash
- Advertising units that extend beyond the defined advertising space or interfere with the content or impact the readability of the content without user initiation
- Advertising units that do not retract to the defined advertising space upon user scroll off or contain a “close” or “X” for user to retract or close the ad unit/message after user initiation
- Advertising units that mimic computer functions or deceptively indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit.
11. Advertisers may only offer products or services which are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). The Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser.
12. Advertising that includes information collection software code or places any beacons, cookies or other information collection devices on the browsers of users of the DimeSpring website is forbidden unless expressly approved in writing by DimeSpring.
13. A click on an advertisement may only link the end user to the third-party advertiser’s site or to relevant sponsored content page on DimeSpring.
1. Remark Media allows sponsorship of the DimeSpring Life Event landing pages. A sponsor, however, cannot have any influence on the content of the Life Event pages or topics within.
2. DimeSpring Life Event landing pages can be sponsored in the form of a text statement (i.e., Brought to you by [name of sponsor]) with logo and, along with all content pages within the sponsored Life Event, a banner advertisement.
3. Sponsors have a profile page on DimeSpring, visible to DimeSpring users, that can be used for sponsor messaging, aggregating links to sponsor content published to the site, and linking to the sponsor’s site.
4. All sponsor content contributions appearing on DimeSpring are clearly labeled as “Sponsored”, as are any sponsor advertisements appearing on any pages of the site.
5. If sponsored content appears in the DimeSpring search results, it is labeled as “DimeSpring Sponsor” so that users can make informed decisions about the content they wish to view.
6. A link to DimeSpring can be provided for placement on an appropriate sponsor’s website. The terms and conditions of providing a link to DimeSpring will be determined by Remark Media.
7. The DimeSpring logo may only appear on a sponsor’s website with written permission.
If you are interested in advertising on DimeSpring, contact us for sales information.
What is Dimespring?
Dimespring is an interactive community for people seeking actionable financial advice. Fueled by discussions and content that inspire action, engaging visuals such as infographics, and tools that activate positive financial change, Dimespring educates, entertains and helps you make better-informed personal finance decisions.
Story Behind the Name
Later in life, John D. Rockefeller began distributing dimes to children and young adults he encountered along with a lesson — to create a fortune, work hard and save money. The dimes allowed him to establish a basis of conversation and rapport.
In the same vein, Dimespring facilitates conversation of personal finance. We seek to offer a foundation for friendly, but spirited discussions leading to personal financial growth, springing forth from a beginning as humble as a dime.